Good morning!! I hope that you all had lovely Christmas weekends! I am currently relaxing on this warm but wet morning in New England watching the pup. Mizpah was attacked by another dog this past Friday at one of our favorite off leash areas and had to get 4 stitches for a bite on her left hindquarters. My parents are here from Florida, and my mother’s side of the family was here on Friday night soooo I mean, timing couldn’t be better for emergency vet care right? Poor baby. She is doing really well, its just hard keeping her from her stitches. She wants to lick, and groom, and probably pull those foreign strings right out.
Anyways, Jessica from An Historian About Town nominated me for a Liebster Award!!! I am so flattered and grateful to have her as a follower and as a blog to read and get inspiration from. Jessica is a fellow ballet, dog, and fashion lover. She is so good about consistently posting on her blog, I love her travel posts!
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
• Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
• Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
• Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
1. What animals would your patronus be?
My patronus would probably be either a dalmatian like my beloved Mizpah or a horse. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I can definitely see a horse patronus sort of rearing and stomping a dementor 🙂
2. How do you feel about ketchup?
I am really not a huge ketchup fan! I like mustard on hot dogs, and honey mustard on my french fries. I think its the saltiness of ketchup that gets me.
3. If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmmmmm this is tough. I am into the last season of Gilmore Girls before the new Year in the Life one and I have really loved the show. I started with season 1 back in the spring and have been slowly chipping away. It’s so good! As of right now, I think Gilmore Girls would be it.
4. What is the number one quality you look for in a friend?
I think I look for a good listener more than anything else. At this point in my life, good conversation is a big part of my friendships. Maybe back in college, friendships were about having people to go out with, go to the dining hall with, being on the same sports team or in the same sorority. Now my friends are the people that I send life updates to in email chains that seem to end too soon, or friends that I see for dinner or lunch where the actual lunch or dinner is second to catching up, much to the chagrin of our waitress.
5. What is the first blog you remember reading?
Back in the fall of 2012, I was in the midst of a divorce from my first husband who I was married to for 2 years. Feeling lost, alone, and like Mizpah and I would be on our own forever, I got an iPhone. I wanted to be able to FaceTime my sister and mother, but of course I ended up finding apps like instagram! The first people that I followed that weren’t friends were Kiel James Patrick and his crew. The first blog I ever saw was Sarah Vicker’s Classy Girls Wear Pearls. It is a beautiful blog full of great outfits and New England locations. It sort of inspired me to get out there and take care of myself even though I was in such a dark place.
6. What was the last book that you read and what did you think of it?
I am in the middle of reading The Eighty Dollar Champion by Elizabetts Letts right now and it is so good!
7. Do you believe in the power of Netflixing for a day?
Sooooo if you read my answer to #3, then you know my answer to this one is yes! Thankfully though with Mizpah kicking around, I do end up pausing to take her for walks. Netflixing for a day can be very relaxing, but a little physical activity interspersed between episodes can be good too!
8. If you could volunteer with any organisation, which would it be?
When I first started riding back in 2007, I volunteered with some horse rescues. It was really humbling and rewarding work. I would love to get back into volunteering at a horse rescue around my new home here in southern NH.
9. Favourite emoji?
I do a lot of the smiley face with the heart eyes haha so I guess thats probably my favorite!
10. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be and why?
That’s a tough question because depending on the day I feel like there are loads of things I would change about my blog! One thing that might be nice to change is the background of the site itself. Currently I just have the photo ribbon up at the top of the page but nothing in the background as your scroll down.
11. What do you want your blog to accomplish in 2017?
A goal that I have for my blog is to try posting 1-2 times a week. In other words, try not to skip a week on the blog. We’ll see!
Blogs that I would like to Nominate!
Questions for you to answer:
- What made you start your blog?
- What camera do you currently use/what is your dream camera?
- If you could only wear one brand for the rest of your life, what brand would it be and why?
- What are some of your goals for your blog for 2017?
- What is one blog that has inspired you?
- If you could travel to anywhere on the planet for a vacation, where would you go and why?
- Tea or coffee? Both? Why?
- What is one food that you would struggle to give up?
- If you won the lottery what three things would you use your money towards first?
- What’s a strength that you see in a friend or significant other that you wish to cultivate more in yourself?
- What is one charity or cause that is important to you and why?
Thanks again to Jessica for this nomination! An unexpected benefit of blogging has definitely been finding other great blogs, and An Historian About Town is one of them!