Ok, so Holiday vacation is over, and I am sitting in the terrible queue for the Lilly Pulitzer after party sale….ugh, I don’t even know if I really want anything, don’t ask me why I feel compelled to participate in this craziness.
Anyway, I try to shy away from the word “resolutions” because I feel like if I don’t accomplish them that means that my resolve wasn’t strong enough? I like to call them goals.
- Finish my MS in Biological Sciences. This is my last semester. I have 2 courses to take and will be at school three days a week after work. I can do this…I can do this….
- Less time on my phone. I feel like everyone says this one. At night I am going to put my phone on the charger upstairs so I won’t be tempted to cruise instagram or play on my phone.
- Be kinder to my fiance. I have a short fuse sort of temper. It flares up very intense and dies down really quickly. I need to communicate better BEFORE I lose my temper.
- Finish the 48 New Hampshire 4000 footers! This will be a great goal to reach, I am so excited to finish the list! Certainly won’t be the end of hiking though. I hope to be hiking well into my retirement years.
- Eat more healthy!! More vegetables, less cheese. This one is totally doable. Another super common goal though huh? I struggle in the winter though because I want warm food. I no longer want to eat the cold salads or the cold green smoothies. It means more preparation to have the green vegetables to cook and resisting putting warm melty cheese on everything.
I have some fun things coming up this year….trips to Florida, Aiken SC, Burlington VT, hopefully the Belmont Stakes, many weekends in NH, and a very exciting trip to Nantucket this summer. I am also getting married this year, wooo!!! So that will be exciting too 🙂
What are some of your goals for 2016? Who has something fun planned to work/look forward to? I hope everyone had a great New Year’s! I went to a friend’s house for a super hero costume karaoke party, it was so fun!
Here’s little Mizpah on New Year’s Eve, my little snow pup!